6/30/2006

for a friendship whose love transcends time and space.

yesterday i was going through my usual course of self-deprecatory thoughts, and landed upon "i am unlovable."

i then thought (was reminded) about what a certain friend of mine would say to that. she would remind me that SHE loves me, and this fact would render that statement (which is already false for other reasons) very obviously untrue, ya big silly stupidhead.

i was then reminded that if i know that my friend loves me, how much more am i loved by God? how much a greater love was demonstrated by the death and resurrection of Christ? why do i not turn first to this as my solace?

and i am reminded that that's okay. the love between friends, or between any people, for that matter, is a reflection of the love of God. as the moon reflects the light of the sun to shine in the night sky (and do notice for this particular comparison that it waxes and wanes— interesting), so may human relationships beautifully reflect a love so intense, so bright, that we could not bear to behold it in its fullness...

even though it feels like it came out of my head i'm sure some one else has said that before, and i probably read it somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home